The organisations listed below provide services for youth in the Wimmera Southern Mallee Region. Filter by category using the menu or type in key words to search.
See the Wimmera Sexual Health Services guide for a list of services including: family planning, pregnancy testing, abortion services, emergency contraception, pap testing, free condom distribution.
Woodbine Inc. is a non-profit organisation that provides accommodation, day services and supported employment programs to people with disabilities.
Youth Beyond Blue provides a 24 hour phone service where you can speak to a trained medical health professional. They also offer a ‘chat online’ service between 3pm adn 12am (AEST) every day. Visit the website for mor information.
Youthcentral is the Victorian Government’s web-based initiative for young people aged 12-25.
Youthcentral offers a range of information and advice on issues like jobs, study, travel, money and events in your local area – wherever you live in Victoria – whilst offering opportunities for you to participate.
On this site you’ll find:
Several organisations in the Wimmera region are able to offer Youth Mental Health First Aid training.
Search for local trainers on the Mental Health First Aid website https://mhfa.com.au/instructors
What do MHFA Course Participants Learn?
MHFA courses teach mental health first aid strategies to members of the public. Mental health first aid is the help provided to a person who is developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of a mental health problem, or in a mental health crisis. The first aid is given until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves.
MHFA courses can provide members of the community with:
- Skills in how to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems
- Knowledge of the possible causes or risk factors for these mental health problems
- Awareness of the evidenced based medical, psychological and alternative treatments available
- Skills in how to give appropriate initial help and support someone experiencing a mental health problem
- Skills in how to take appropriate action if a crisis situation arises involving suicidal behaviour, panic attack, stress reaction to trauma, overdose or threatening psychotic behaviour.