OUR MISSION – To create partnerships between industry, education and the community that develop positive futures for our young people.
Victorian Local Learning and Employment Networks (VicLLENs) is the collaboration and collective voice of Victoria’s 31 LLENs, covering every corner of the state. Each LLEN is an incorporated association governed by a volunteer board. LLENs are committed to working with their local communities and across Victoria to improve the education, training and employment outcomes of all young people. We are proud to work with the Department of Education and Training to build sustainable partnerships between schools, industries and communities across Victoria.
Wimmera Southern Mallee LLEN (WSMLLEN) works with a placed-based approach, tailoring services, strategies and programs to the unique cultural, economic, rurality, geographical and social context of the Wimmera and Southern Mallee region. The intricate knowledge of the communities we serve empowers us to create impactful and locally relevant initiatives.
WSMLLEN works to establish collaborations and cooperative relationships involving businesses (industry), educational institutions, and the local community with the aim of shaping a brighter and more promising future for the youth. These partnerships are intended to provide opportunities, resources, and support that will help young people thrive and succeed in various aspects of their lives, including education, career development, and personal growth. The goal is to create a synergy among these sectors to positively impact the lives and prospects of young individuals in the community.
Our Strategic Objectives
Our Young People
- To ensure that young people remain engaged in education, training or employment.
- To provide support and opportunities to ensure that young people achieve their full potential.
- To improve literacy as a foundation for educational success.
- To build community capacity through community and industry partnerships with education.
- To practice sound and responsible governance.
- To ensure that the work of the LLEN will be responsive to needs and informed by evidence.
- To ensure that the LLEN is financially sustainable.
- Provide a safe and inclusive workplace for WSMLLEN employees.