The MATES Mentoring Program provides positive role models who mentor, assist, target, engage and enhance the skills and life experiences of young people. MATES matches students (mentees) in school with a volunteer (mentor) from the local community. Mentors and mentees catch up for one hour, once a fortnight for one year. MATES is a great way to volunteer in the community.
We need volunteers who are:
- over the age of 18
- have a genuine concern or interest in young people
- want to make a difference in a young person’s life
- are able to spend one hour a fortnight with a young person for one year
- already have or are able to obtain a Working with Children check
If you decide that you want to be a part of the MATES Mentoring Program you can then:
- Fill out an online application form here.
- Download and print an application form: MATES Mentor Application Form
- When your application has been accepted, you will be invited to attend a training session before being matched with a mentee.
Start making a difference in a young person’s life!
We thank our Community Champions who provide flexible work arrangements for their staff to mentor students in the MATES mentoring program during business hours